Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Poinsettia Blessings


CREATE-JOY-600x264-Blog-Hop


I was lucky to be sent this new Holiday Poinsettia die from Simon Says Stamps but I was busy making cards in advance because I knew the first few day after the retreat I wouldn't be up to doing much. But my fingers were itching to see how it worked.

First I cut out in green and cut out some of the leaves and cut out in red and place them in the missing places. I then cut out in gold and I only used the outline to place as the next layer. I then cut another one in read and I stuck it on a bit of scrap card and cut around the the little flower which I place of centre. The little tiny centres were die cut too.

To make the actual card for the poinsettia, I used the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Alphabet background with a bit of torn paper to placed so I only stamp the corner and to finish with a gold Simon says Stamps Christmas Blessing.

Back this at 2pm with this week Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge card.


14 comments:

brenda said...

It's a beautiful Poinsettia Debby and a really lovely font.

B x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,a fab image and colours.xxx

Sarah said...

How brilliant xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Debby! Think I may have to pop that Poinsettia die in my basket :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous poinsettia Debby and love the alphabet background and large die cut sentiment. A beautiful card! x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So beautiful Debby.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

José said...

Beautiful Christmas card Debby, love the poinsettia

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debby, such a elegant design.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a beautiful poinsettia.
hugs Sue xx

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card and fab Poinsettia. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Stephanie said...

Lovely design, Debby! I really like the multi-wrap twine :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cheryl W. said...

This is such an elegant poinsettia! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Debby. I love the Poinsettia. xxx

Jacee said...

Fabulous design Debby, love the flower
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design