Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Crazy Christmas

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHRISTMAS  

Christmas is only    days away so if you haven't made a start on your preparations then maybe now is the time to think about getting all of your holiday craft products out of mothballs and making a start! Keeping your cards CAS should cut down on the time it takes to make them, you can mass produce and it also keeps the postage costs down too, a definite winner!
We are showcasing MEMORY BOX PRODUCTS this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



First of all my Memory Box Snowy Merry Christmas is straight but the wonky photographer was at it again. I was disappointed with my card because it wasn't very original but I do love how well it turned out.

I cut the sentiment die twice in white and stuck together, then I cut out the red to go in the white outline. Of course you recognised the Crazy Bird from Tim Holtz and Santa hat from the Accessories. I don't have the dies so they were fussy cut.  I used inkpads to blend the colours rather than used pens or pencils.

I stamped the bird direct to paper this gave me the legs rather than having to cut them out and once everything was dry I added the Flower soft and Fun Flock. I have a little pot with a mixture of both and I think it gives a better coverage.


So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 

You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw

24 comments:

Lin said...

Such a fun card, Debby! Love the combo of the sentiment with that crazy bird and his Santa hat!

Lin said...

Such a fun card, Debby! Love the combo of the sentiment with that crazy bird and his Santa hat!

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant Christmas card, love the snowy sentiment x

Tricia Coffin said...

This tickles my funny bone! Love those cur-ay-z birds! It was so clever of you to put these elements together to make a special card.

Jingle said...

Oh, my goodness!!!! This is SO stinking adorable! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Lorraine A said...

super cute card Debby :-) I love these crazy birds and the snowy sentiment is fabulous! I love the whole design of this :-)

I see Jingle has been a busy girl this morning and doesn't realise that it's time to stop working haha ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Virginia L. said...

How super cute!! Love the contrast of colors. The Crazy Bird is perfect in this, Debby! PS: haha....about Jingle!

Heather said...

Just adoraable card Debby, I love your design and cute crazy bird - your die sentiment is stunning!!

hugs
Heather xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous Debby!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is fabulous, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Debby..love the crazy bird..

luv CHRISSYxx

kay said...

This is fab x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

There's those crazy birds again I do love them. A fab card Debby, love the sentiment die cut, I haven't seen this one before, it's great.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Fabulous card Debby, I love the image and wonderful CAS design.
hugs Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card.

Kath x

Melissa Bove said...

Such a cute card Debby! Love that adorable bird!!

hugs...

Stephanie said...

LOVE the fun texture additions of flock and flower soft :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Tammy said...

Hahaha! Fun card, love the crazy bird with his hat!

Pat said...

This is a fun card Debby and the snowy merry christmas is a great idea with the coloured lettering and the white outline and snowy top and love that crazy bird with the flower soft on his hat. x

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness Debby don't be disappointed with your card it's gorgeous. It's so cute and so beautifully coloured & I love the Merry Christmas die
hugs
Mandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an adorable Christmas card, I love the simplicity and the detail you have put into it.

Christine L said...

Ha! Love this Debby!

Hugs
Christine x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card Debby
Lorraine x

Jenna ♥ said...

Debby, this is wonderful card!!!