Sunday, December 28, 2014

Belated Birthday


My order from Simon Says Stamps arrived just before Christmas Week and with Hubby working I thought I would be able spend the day making lots of cards with the dies. Unfortunately Mr Mojo had a different idea.
So lots of cards turned out to be a couple warts before my poor brain felt fried with trying to think of some originally.
Instead I went off to find sketch and found the recent one from Mojo Monday. To start with I had no idea how to use it.

So first off I decided my Woodland Tree from Simon Says Stamps would replace the circle, then hunted through my Simon Says Stamps first to find a square size sentiment. This one from Naughty Nautical seemed the closest and the fact my tree trunk could come down into would help that it didn't fit a square perfectly.
The papers are Prima, twine from Doodlebug and little flowers which I wasn't sure of are Martha Stewart Hydrangea trio punch.

27 comments:

Malika said...

Lovely card

Malika

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Debby. x

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous card hun xxx

Sarah said...

Great card Debby, love the fresh colours xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debby, such a pretty tree and great use of the sketch.
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Debby. x

Viv said...

A really pretty card Debby!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Love your attention to detail, Debby, Jo x

Pat said...

This is so pretty with the flowers on the tree and love the colours. Hope you had a great Christmas too. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous belated birthday card Debby
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

So lovely, so perfect.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cotnob said...

What a fabulous card Debby, a brilliant take on the sketch.
Pauline
x

Maria said...

Hi Debby. I think you managed to do a great job making this card,
When the mojo goes and it does a lot for me :-) I love just to see what you and
others have made to help me/us out so a huge thank you to you
Maria

Unknown said...

Afternoon Denby what a beautiful card. I love the design as well as the colours take care Debby xxx

Debs xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I am always blown away when I come here, gorgeous work as always!! huggles Pops x x x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debby..my mojo is still in Christmas mode and being such a nit wit and I struggled with a day off yesterday and never made a thing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card xx

Sandra H said...

Soooo pretty is your card Debby x

Kathleen said...

Love the tree and a great card.

Kath x

Brawny x said...

A pretty card Debby x

José said...

Grate use of the sketch: beautiful card Debby

Tracy said...

Great interpretation so the sketch Debby. I like the little flowers on your tree. Hugs!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I'm a bit of a tree hugger so this definitely appeals to me :)
www.amandasays.org.uk

Cheryl W. said...

So clever to use that tree instead of a circle. Great card!

Jacee said...

Lovely design Debby, so pretty, I'm sure they won't mind it being late, this is worth waiting for me dearie!

Wishing you and yours all the best for the new year!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

So simple but yet so elegant. Very pretty!

*Vicki* said...

What a beautiful tree!! Love this!