Monday, December 01, 2014

All My Own Work


Sorry no card today I didn't realise it would take so long to get over the journey to MIL last week and what with Christmas card writing and wrapping presents ( I was having to do it to take some with us, so I might as well do as much as I can). Mr Mojo leaving me doesn't help.
So I did discover this layout hiding in my drafts as well as it might do not sure its one of my favourites. The layout was decided by of the the off centre photo of me, showing of the shawl I crochet which for the first time I used a pattern.
I had a crochet hook that was a freebie with a magazine and used it for decoration with a bit of crocheting. I've since lost the pattern so I had to make one up looks like buttonholes won't be a problem in the future.
The leaf scroll I think could be Cherry Lynn but don't hold me to that and the flowers are Prima and the MFT Crochet Border is along side the diagonal strip. Titles were in my stash I would have used all the Aqua Blue but didn't have enough letters.
Oh dear its the 1st December and a Christmas song has come on Radio they promised apart from Bandaid they wouldn't play any till today.

16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous page Debby you are so talented

Anne

brenda said...

What an imaginative l/o Debby, the little crochet hook is a perfect embellishment.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Great layout, love the addition of the crochet and hook. :)

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative Debby is your page x

Tracey said...

Beautiful! The crocheting and hook are the perfect touch!! xx

Jackie Scott said...

Love the photo of you with your glasses the way you would wear them while crocheting! Great layout Debbie!

Andrea said...

Wonderful Layout and great photo! I like it so much!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Pat said...

A lovely layout and photo Debby and some beautiful crochet work. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW love the page its fabulous but your shawl looks amazing hun
Hugs Shell xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous layout and photo Debby..and a beautiful shawl..well done,it looks so cosy and warm.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Beautiful layout and what a magnificent shawl!! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous layout Debby, I love the crochet and crochet hook embellishments.
Pauline
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a fab photo and page, Debby x

Kathleen said...

Love that shawl and a great scrpbook page.

Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous page, great way to show off that beautiful crocheting

Christine L said...

Such a gorgeous layout Debby...... but WOW to that gorgeous shawl you made!! And the fabbie photo of you wearing it!

Hugs
Christine x