Friday, November 28, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Christmas


A bit of a treat this morning I'm posting both the CAS I made the other day in hope I will forget what should of been a couple of quick cards was a comedy of errors.
The first card is made with the new Simon Says Stamp Kit which have the fabulous hologram butter gold embossing powder along with the smooth elegant mink gold powders. They only thing was as soon as I soon them I knew I wanted to use the Simon Says Stamp Ornaments stamp and die set with the added black colour. The sparkle and shine sentiment was on the stamp set that comes with the kit. Haven't touch any of the fabulous card that came with the kit yet.


This card has been in my head for a while, I have a few scraps of Doodlebug Christmas papers left and thought about making a stick tree but rather than do that I remembered that I have the Layered tree set from Simon Says Stamp from last year. I ended up with quite a few bits to make several trees. Using the snow falling stamp from the Be Joyful stamp set from last months kit and WOW Bright White embossing powder to make my snowy background. I know this doesn't give me the dimension of the stencil and paste but its a lot less messy.
Added lots of sparkle to my star and then when replacing it in the pot it went everywhere but. My sentiment was off the same stamp set as the snow.
I don't think the Less is More Challenge this week is for one layer so I'll enter my top card.


39 comments:

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Debby. The first card is so stylish and elegant. I LOVE the tree design and wonderful snowy background.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous card Debby.xxx

Joke de Wit said...

Prachtig Debby.Groetjes Joke

Malika said...

Lovely cards again Debby

Malika

NGCARDS said...

These look fantastic hun, I have to admit though that the top one is one of my favourite christmas cards you've made this year! xxx

Sarah said...

These are both amazing Debby, love that the tree was made by using up bits and pieces!! xx

Sammy said...

Oh they are fab! Gorgeous both, and I just love that tree! x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Debby, love em' both :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Fabulous card!
Have a nice weekend!

Brenda Brown said...

Both beautiful cards Debby, love the gold and black ornaments and the great tree.
Thanks for your comments on my blog and sorry I've not been around, workshops and life have taken over a bit but things are slowing down again now.
Hope you are well.
hugs Brenda xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two more lovely Christmas card Debby

Anne

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Stunning cards! I especially love the first one, it is so stylish and the colours look so elegant!
Rebecca.
x

Mary J said...

These are both fabulous Debby! Love the first for the pop of black - pure genius!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards! Love the metallics on your top cards - I just used this colour combo myself!

Pat said...

Two lovely cards Debby and the baubles are gorgeous, and that tree is a vreat way of using up some scraps of pretty papers, and love the glittery star. x

scrappyjacky said...

The first card is so elegant.

Shelly said...

Two stunning festive cards, Debby... very Christmassy indeed! Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog too :) Hugs, Shelly xx

Becky said...

These are so cute Debby!

Jacee said...

Super cards Debby
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

cotnob said...

Two gorgeous cards Debby, I love them both.
Pauline
x

Deborah said...

Two gorgeous card Debby, I love them both.

Deborah A

cuilliesocks said...

Two very gorgeous cards Debby, hugs Kate x

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are both very different cards Debby but equally awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

susiestacey said...

Two lovely quick cards Debby and at the mo quick christmas cards have to be the order of the day with the days galloping towards christmas.
have a good weekend x Susan x

Carol S. said...

Two brilliant cards Debby. The CAS are great for this time of year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

Two brilliant cards Debby. The CAS are great for this time of year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super striking cards Debby. Love those ornaments in particular on the first one and 2 gorgeous colour schemes you've used. Thanks for sharing and taking part.
Sarah
Less is more

Cheryl W. said...

I like them both, but I am really drawn to that gold sparkle.

Tracy said...

They're both great. I have a feeling the Sparkle and Shine set is going to make it in my basket. You girls are making some awesome cards with it. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Good morning Debby what beautiful card I like th both but the first one is my favourite one I just love the design of it. Take care xx

Debs xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Two superb CAS style cards Debby loving the colours of the first one but both are equally fabulous
hugs
lorraine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two fab CAS cards. I have a die that I could possibly use to make a card like your second one - I love your colour choices, Debby! hugs, Lesley

coops said...

both so stunning and stylish debby.your designs are fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Brawny x said...

Love them both x

Chrissie said...

What fab cards Debby, I love all that sparkle and shine!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Debby! I would never have thought of a black bauble, but it looks fab :)

XxJULESxX said...

Two more gorgeous cards Debby!

JenniferD said...

I do like this Tree a lot it is very very Clever!

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late visiting you this week, two fab cards Debby!
Thanks so much for entering the LIM Challenge
Anne
Less is More Designer