Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chrismas Tag

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Make Your Own Background Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is ,,,,,,,,

TAG IT

you can make a tag or add a tag to a card/project.
We are showcasing TIM HOLTZ PRODUCTS this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I'm going to be honest has much has I love seeing amazing tags from other people its not something I do unless its really quick and easy ones for Christmas. So this challenge is a real challenge for me and as soon as I see we have to use Tim Holtz products I tried to create similar to the great man himself which is way out of my comfort zone. But I love how my tag turned out.
First off the card is from Authentique Joyous but one of the plain ones that back the design lucky I didn't like the pattern on the other side. I then stamped the fir from Tim Holtz 2014 Christmas Blueprints twice. Then using a gold pigment inkpard I quickly before it dried stamped the brick wall using a wooden stamp called  Bricked its quite small stamp so I had to use it several times helped out with a Stamp a ma jig.  I used gold embossing powder in my stash. The pointesettia from the blueprints set was paper pieced with some red and green from the same Authentique pack.
I then did something foolish and used a white pen on the fir and hated it so I tried to rub it off but it left a bit of residue which actually give me the look I was looking for. I added a bit of gold ribbon again from my stash and stuck it on a card so I could photo it better.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out 

10626595_713630472007254_3807592166421028370_n

Simon Says Stamp

You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw

34 comments:

José said...

I love the way your tag turned out, it's a beautiful Christmas tag

Jingle said...

This is so super pretty! I love the brick background!

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful! Love the centers in the flowers!

Nataliascraft said...

This tag is so beautiful x

KimCreate said...

Debbie, you did a great job with the tag! Tim Holtz's poinsettia helps to make it easier! I love that stamp.

Lorraine A said...

totally gorgeous tag Debby :-) the poinsettia is beautiful and I love how you made the background, the white highlights on the branches are a perfect finishing touch too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous tag Debby, I love your background and beautiful Poinsettia.
Pauline
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your tag is gorgeous Debby and love your gold brickwall..

Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby, I love your Tag, it's gorgeous. xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous tag x Susan x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous as always Debby, love the tag.

Donna x

Dotty Jo said...

What a great combination of images - super work, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Super tag Debby..love the hint of white on the branches and love the gold brick wall..gorgeous flower too with it's beaded centre..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh Debby this is beautiful. i was admiring the white on the fir too. Love it

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Debby, your design is gorgeous and I love the gold ribbon.
hugs Sue xx

Lynsey said...

Gorgeous tag Debby!
Hugs Lynsey x

Wishcraft said...

Fab tag Debby, love the stamps you've used :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Really lovely tag but to be honest I am of the same opinion as you.

Kath x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous tag.xxx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful tag Debby! Love that pretty poinsettia!!

hugs...

Carol S. said...

Like you Debby I struggle with tags. I love your one as the background is gorgeous and the poisettia is very pretty. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Heather said...

A fabulous tag Debby, I love your background and a stunning poinsettia!!

hugs
Heather xx

Tammy said...

Wow Debby, beautiful card! The poinsettia is simply gorgeous!

JenniferD said...

Wow you have done an Amazing job on this one. Love your different textures!

Deborah said...

Fabulous tag Debby, I love the brick work and the fir.

Deborah A

Tracy said...

Tags throw me for a loop too Debby. You did an awesome job with those TH stamps. Hugs!

Christine L said...

So fabulous Debby... and that white is just perfect on the fir so well done for happy accidents!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

fabulous tag debby.your poinsettia is gorgeous and i love the touches of gold ;D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

This is awesome Debby - beautiful tag, love the poinsettia. Juliexx

Chriss Blagrave said...

Amazing tag Debby! I love how this turned out!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely lovely card, Debby! I really like the gold embossed brick along the side!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your tag Debby and love your flower and its pretty centre.

Jo x

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous tag!

sparkle & shine *~*

Mandy said...

Beautiful tag Debby, so elegant and pretty
hugs
Mandy xx