Monday, August 12, 2013

Numbers


Well I'm not convinced but Mr Virgin is suppose to be working properly so I'm making sure I schedule my posts while he's working.
Last week I missed out on a Less is More challenge my energy levels have disappeared and the thought of trawling through rather a lot of stash to find papers and ink to match the colour challenge sent them plummeting even farther. So I was determined that I was joining in this week and found it was a One Layer card YUCK.
Anyway the first thought when I saw it was Numbers was a train blowing them out and I wanted to do something fairly quick. Then I remember the Stampin Up train which has been long retired coloured in white on Kraft but decided to add a bit of red.
The numbers were tricky I had loads of small Alphabets but no numbers but eventually did find some. Added a Penny Black sentiment, they were all stamped in Versamark and then used white embossing powder.
Can I just add that my Bakers Twine is straight and I couldn't earth the train in case I made a mess of it.


30 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

I love this Debby, it's brilliant, great image and looks fab on Kraft card, Kate x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a great card Debby love your image and it look brilliant on Kraft
jacqui x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Debby..wonderful idea with the numbers as the train smoke and love the red and white on kraft..fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great card, love it. Hugs, Ankie

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous kiddie card Debby love how you made the "smoke" out of the numbers! Susan x

Anonymous said...

I love this card. So brilliant

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Debby and just love the way the numbers are used as steam...

Anne

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love this card Debby, it's a great design,looks fab x

Sue - said...

Love it Debbie and its so different to your usual cards.

Dawn T said...

adorable card Debby. Love the bright red against the Kraft and white.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love the image and wonderful colours
hugs Sue xx

coops said...

so stunning debby.fab image and i love the kraft :D

xx coops xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.xxx

Danni said...

How clever!! Very cute card!

Sandy said...

This is really a neat birthday card Debby - toot toot!
sandy

Chrissie said...

What a fun train Debby and it looks perfect in this colour choice!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous design Debby!! Love the kraft and twine together! :)

Anita said...

Fun card! How clever to let the trian blow out the numbers :)
xoxo Anita

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant idea, chooo choo fabulous

Danielle said...

Simply done perfectly! I LOVE this - the craft paper is gorgeous with the red and white and what a sweet image!
Hugs, Danielle

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Debby. The little train looks fab.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...


Great card Debby, love the little train.

Hazel

Anonymous said...

love it Debby! Love kraft , white and red! Very creative and I always love seeing what you come up with! TFS!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww this is so sweet, great idea to have the train puffing numbers :)

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous card Debby. What a great idea to use the numbers as the steam!
Brilliant!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Debby, I am one of your email followers and though I don't comment all the time...you always leave me mesmerized with your beautiful detailed works. and this One layer is stunning. YOU ARE THE BEST. Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration.
Hugs,
Antoinette

Tanya S said...

OK for one layer(which is a very difficult challenge lol ) this is fabulous !HUgs Tanya

cotnob said...

What a brilliant card Deby, I love your CAS design and the red, white and Kraft combination.
Pauline
x

XxJULESxX said...

Oh just fabulous great idea on kraft card!

Jen Nelson said...

debby this is fabulous

So sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us
Jen x
"Less Is More"