Sunday, August 18, 2013

Freshly Made


So my crafting hat is a bit lopsided at the moment so I decided to give this weeks Freshly Made Sketches a go.
First I used the Simon Say Stamp Tri Circle die, now I used to do this with a circle punch but gosh this takes the headache away from lining them up.
Since I'm on the Christmas card bug I decided to use Happy Holidays die and stamp again from Simon Says Stamp a bit more tricky lining up. But I stamp them separately and then cut out roughly also used repositionable tape so I could alter the placement.
The papers are Doodlebug and the Holly is a Martha Stewart Punch.


Now we Crafters are a canny lot and you can't waste the wastage so I used it on another card this time I added some snowflakes but embossed the layers. The folders are Sizzix Snow Falling and a Darice one.
I had a brilliant day yesterday although cutting tools like the Cricut and the Big Shot were ganging up against me so I still need to put titles on my layouts.

22 comments:

Hazel said...


Debby, love both of these cards, good use of all the bits of waste too.

Hazel x

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome Christmas designs Debby. Love the dimension on them.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Two fab Christmas cards Debby! Susan x

Dawn T said...

both are fabulous cards Debby. It's always great to use all the bits from the die cutting

cuilliesocks said...

Two very lovely cards Debby, lovely embossing and colours, Kate x

brenda said...

Canny crafting indeed Debby, two for the price of one and both very eye-catching.

Hope you have a good Sunday,

B x

Anita said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards! Great design :-)
xoxo Anita

Sue said...

Wonderful cards Debby. I love the design and fabulous colours
hugs Sue xx

kay said...

Fab cards x

José said...

Both are beautiful Christmas cards Debby!
Hugs José

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both of these are gorgeous Debby. Great idea with that trio of circle dies. I didn't know the exisited.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Two lovely cards Debby and what a brilliant idea to make a second from the waste of the first
jacqui x

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards Debby I love the circle dies and stamps also the embossing on the second card, great creativity and inspiration,
hugs
lorraine x

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous cards Debby. I love the designs and colours.
Lorraine x

Linda Callahan said...

Wow two for one! Just beautiful holiday cards! Love how you used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Sandra H said...

Wow Debby, Both cards are totally stunning x

Wendy said...

Both are fabulous Debby, love the designs.
Wendy xx

coops said...

both so stunning debby.i love the fab designs ;D

xx coops xx

Linda Suarez said...

Wowza! I love these cards Debby! They are both fabulous Christmas cards and look amazing with this sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow two gorgeous designs Debby love em!!

Jen Brum said...

Wow Debby! These cards are fabulous! I love them! love those Christmas colours. Great dimension and textures! Love those holly leaves! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mau xx said...

I just love a thrifty girl...lol
What a great way to use the cut outs.
Love them both Debby.
xxxxxx