Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tasteful Monday

OK it's another Christmas card but I have use Sketch Saturday's sketch but I've kept it quite simple. While at the Glitter Pot we spent some time chatting to Paula about various dies and layers in the cuttlebug because Francoise had use a Sizzix texture block on one of her cards but she didn't use then in the bug and I wondered if you could. Anyway with the help of the chap at Glitter pot I picked up the rubber mat and another block as well as the textured blocks so yesterday I had a go and if you look on this card there is Holly background on the pearl card using the texture blocks. The stamp is from Hobby Art and Jenny from Hobby Art had a card similar on displayed which is why I brought it. I stamped with versafine, embossed with clear powder then using embossing pens coloured in the image and then using a hologram powder embossed again being careful not to over cook the image. Craftwork cards sentiments and cuttlebug corners.

Look what I got from Karin and Kim isn't he cute. I need to send him to everyone's blog I visit because you all do brighten my day.



21 comments:

Beth said...

The holly embossing looks great, thanks for the tip! I love the colours too, unusual for christmas but fantastic!

Sue said...

oh wow, i loves this card, the holly looks stunning on the pearl card. :)

sue
xx

Rach said...

wow gorgeous card Debby, love the image and the embossing panel..congrats on your award hun. hugs rachxx

Deb said...

So elegant Debby, love the image, I am intrigued by the holographic powder, I have some but never tried using it over an image, must have a play!!!

nessy said...

wonderful xmas card ~sometimes simple or should i say elegant is much better!! the embossing is fab!!
love those corners ,must go and check them out!!
vanessa xx

Gillian said...

A stunning Christmas Card.

Gill x

cats whiskers said...

What a classy card, love that image and thanks for the tip on the embossing, great colouring as usual
Hugs Jacqui x

carolann said...

Stunning card hun well done xxxxx

Debbie said...

Stunning card Debby, great image and the colours are gorgeous. Love the fancy corners too! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Debbie x

Julie said...

Wow!...stunning effect, great card. x

Crafting Diva said...

Wow what a different card design love the embossed holly looks great and the colours you have used are stunning

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely card Debby! I really like the colours and the embossed holly is just perfect!

Julie

Anne said...

Really unusual card Debby. Just had to order these cuttlebug corners! xx

Patsy Jackson said...

What a stunning card - the colours are amazing!

I love your Sister's cards too - she's a lucky lady to receive them :)

Patsy x

Marge said...

Awesome card, Debby - what a unique stamp - love it!!! You've learned some great techniques & did a fantastic job on this - isn't the best when you learn something new?! Makes my day!!!

Nicole Bailey said...

very pretty! I love the shimmer and the texture-just stunning!
tfs>

Mrs Mac said...

WOW! What a stunning image! I really like this one!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Debby, I love the image and the colours you have used are so striking

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...stunning colour!
Carole :-)

Jeanette said...

Wow! Your card and your blog are phenomenal! What did you use to do those fabulous corners? Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jeanette

COCO said...

very wonderful card so pretty !!!!
thanks for your participation !!!