Saturday, January 12, 2008

Me and My Shadow




Friday means the dare it up for Daringcardmakers challenge.
Me and My Shadow !!Hiya fellow darers, Jane here ! How are you all ? This weeks dare is a hard one !! Sorry everyone, but it had to be done !! :)
I want you to create not just one but TWO cards ! But wait........there's more ! I want both cards to contain the same embellishments and papers, ribbons etc- but arranged in a different way for a different occasion....the only thing being different is the wording....I'll let you have different wording ! (How nice of me eh?) I'm well aware this is a really hard challenge, and that I have thrown everyone into 2008 off the deep end....but go on- give it a go - I DARE YOU !
I'm very please how my two turned out. I use white and purple card and two pattern papers from Chatterbox. Again not sure whose rubber stamp it is, it was in my unmounted stamp box but I think it could Oxford Expression but I've had the stamp for years. I watercoloured the images and cut them out, and the same ribbon on both cards. I had seen blogs with a kick stand card which I think was a challenge on SCS so decided to give it go with the square card.
Francoise Read book has arrived its in lovely bright colours and has I've known Francoise quite a while now its very hard to give a honest opinion. It reminded me of some techniques that I had forgotten. I've been stamping for nearly seven years and its very hard to find books for an experience stamper.

32 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards, love your colour combo

Jackie said...

Lovely cards.........the colours are fab and I like that stamp too :)

Leonie Schroder said...

OOOOOOO I do be liking that stamp and the colours youve chosen well if I didnt know better I would say I'd chosen them! love love love these cards - well done ... Leonie SBS8

Jilli said...

Stunning cards!

Lythan said...

I love your colour combo and that kick stand card is so elegant. I'm also in awe of your bow tying - so neat!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely cards Debby and I just love the colour combination!
Julie
SBS-8

Tanya said...

I am delighted with such a fantastic cards!! Love stamp, the colours! The whole design is stunning!

Rika said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous stamp. No wonder you are happy with these cards - they are stunning! Lol x

Juliet said...

I love these, the stamping is superb and the colours are beautiful!

Sallyh said...

I love that stamp, well done on the 'dare' that is so difficult.

Marlou McAlees said...

Debby, absolutely beautiful!!!! xx

Kathy said...

oh, these are pretty - that is a beautiful stamp and you've used it sooooo cleverly

Debbie said...

I love how you have laid these cards out - great stamp. ;)

Debbie x

stamp and scrape said...

Owow - these are both so beautiful - love the colours. And the way you varied the stamp shapes.
Ros

My Paper World said...

They are both beautiful! Your creations are always so pretty!
Debby, I entered you into a draw for doing my first sketch, and you won! Please could you send me your address so that I can send you your prize.
You can contact me at:www.mypaperworld@hotmail.co.uk

Carol said...

Debby these are absolutely lovely, so pretty!
Carol x

Anne said...

Very pretty cards, I love the stamped images and the beautiful colours!

Suzanne said...

wow these are beautiful, well done challenge completed perfectly!! Sue :o)

Kim Costello said...

Wow lovely cards and those stamps are stunning!

SueH said...

Ooo I so love the stamped images you've used, not seen that one before.

Your cards are so beautiful and the colour combination is just perfect.

Nancy said...

beautiful!

Clare said...

Both cards are so elegant, the colours work so well.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

These are gorgeous - I love those 'out of the box' style toppers!

Unknown said...

I really like that stamp. Shame you can't remember where it came from though.

A Hovel to Home said...

Ohhh, this is so very lovely.

Annie said...

they are all gorgeous cards and I love the colours you've used - beautiful water-colouring too.

Deb said...

Stunning cards Debby, they are both gorgeous and I love the kickstand card, I so need to try that!

Su Davis said...

Fab Cards!
Su
SBS8
Gloucester, UK

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful. Love the colour combination. :)
Vanessa.

Jo said...

Very pretty cards!

Crafting Queen said...

Your cards are so beautiful.